Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Friday, February 26, 2010

Delay of the Spay

For anyone living in the northeast, you know about the couple of feet of snow we got (and are still getting). Today was Glenwood's spay date, and I was damned if a little snow was going to stop that. So at the crack of dawn I chopped my car out of its ice bubble, got us loaded in, and four-wheeled my way to Hope Vet by 8.30 - only to learn the spay couldn't happen because she's in heat.

I looked on line before leaving to see if her condition would interfere, and relearned the lesson I teach my students: don't trust everything you read on the Internet.

So we are back in the warmth of home, and Glenwood is resting between wailing sessions. She's rescheduled for next Friday. This should be quite a week. It has never been a dull moment with this kitten. I just love her.

I'll post some pictures once I replenish following the PC's demise. She is extra fluffy in heat.

Thanks to Sherri for the photos.


No comments: