Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Saturday, October 27, 2012

He Is Ready; I Am Not

The decline has been swift.  It seems Timmy was waiting for events in my life to settle down, as cats do.  Even midterms.  Yesterday he was still getting around and sharing a blanket with Glenwood.  I could see in his face, though, that he is moving away.  This morning he gave a clear message.  I took the photo after I cleaned up.  When I tried to clean his front paw, he tried to move; it had become such a struggle for him overnight.  We have an appointment with Dr. Ryan at 1.00.  Now he is set up in the foyer with water and a litter box, sitting way, way under my big table.  I wish he was less alert, though I know he wants no other decision now (I was worried I wouldn't know); his body is not a good place to be.

Yesterday
Yesterday
Today 


No comments: