Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cool Cats

It was so hot and humid today that I worried for Glenwood, as she's been open-mouth panting.  That's not a good sign for cats, but Glenwood's fragility makes her more prone to it.  She's going back to Dr. Ryan Saturday to follow up on the ear infection, which I continue to treat.  I'm getting quite good with the Q-tips and digging out four pounds of goo twice daily.  Because I had my hands all over her for weeks while she was living in the bathroom, she allows me great liberties.

I went to Governor's Island for the first time today for an artist residency info session (wonderful) and left the air conditioner on for the cats.  (I don't use it much for me, but for them ... anything.)  Here they are luxuriating in the coolness, Glenwood on her chair and Timmy by his pillow.


No comments: