Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Friday, August 20, 2010

Meanwhile, Timmy.

Timmy was alpha to Riley's beta, though the two were neck-and-neck in terms of personality.  Riley was a little hostess, greeting newcomers at the door, throwing herself onto her back (literally: there was always a little sound effect when she landed) in front of me as I walked to command a scritch.  Timmy was Big Man on Campus, bullying her away from her food or a spot he wanted that she was occupying.

Timmy and Riley in My Loft, c. 2006

Timmy is more reactive to Glenwood.  Here, he has borrowed Glenwood's drawer but keeps a lookout.  This morning after breakfast, when she was at peak energy and unmaking the bed and he was in a postprandial droop, he took refuge on a windowsill behind a plant.




I wish I could say that the infection they shared is gone, but I'm not sure.  Timmy seems OK (though has teensy spots in his left ear) but Glenwood still produces ear goo and is scratching a bit, even as she finished her 14 days of Baytril.  I have a note to call Dr. Ryan.

No comments: