Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Year Ago Today ...

December 7, 2009
... Glenwood was freed from the bathroom after nine weeks of isolation, sleep, meds, and food.  Look how tiny she was!  And how kitten-shaped!

December 7, 2009
I thought she'd never go into the bathroom again, but she stays close to me so often keeps me company.  She's enthralled by the mirrored medicine cabinet and by the tub, which makes a mighty fine hiding spot, especially when approached at 90 mph (much faster than Timmy can follow).

Look how gorgeous she is now.

December 6, 2010
She is the sweetest, craziest, softest, most willful eight pounds of kitty ever.  I watch her and remain struck that events had me find her (and her me).  She was so close to death, and it was only Ellen's need to cancel dinner that brought us under one roof.  Sadly, so many Glenwood's don't get saved.  I think about them too.

A Penny for Timmy's Thoughts
She's been healthy since her release except for the stubborn ear infection.  Tomorrow I check in with One Love, and will be bringing her in for a look-see.  I'm still swishing her ear and cleaning out goo with Q-Tips twice a day.

No comments: