Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Shy Attack

I had friends over for brunch yesterday, in part to introduce Glenwood, and who do you think spent the entire time under the dresser?  I thought she'd take a little while to come out of the bedroom, but she never did.  I was able to coax her out a couple of times for a sighting, but the appearances were brief and her exit swift.  As soon as everyone was gone, she reverted to her Other Personality.

I have a quilted duvet cover that I bought on Martha's Vineyard in the late 1980s.  Its age is starting to show, which makes me sad because I love this thing.  When Glenwood was tiny, she started using some of its worn spots as points of entry, so I put it away until she grew up.  Now that she's grown up, the small points of entry are becoming larger.  Whole squares are becoming frayed.  I lay a blanket over it for protection now.


The new pillow continues to be a source of focus, individually and together.  Here are three images from the last day or two:

Spooning
Glenwood Uses Timmy as a Pillow
Timmy Uses Glenwood as a Chin Rest

No comments: