Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One Step Forward, the Rest Back

Since the Miracle Night of the Closed Curtains, all has reverted to (ab)normal.  It is 6.28 am, and I've been awake for at least an hour thanks to you-know-who.  Rather than have my stress levels hit the stratosphere before I'm vertical, I got up.

I've been holding back on this photo because it makes her look bad, but when I had the audacity to go away for one night last weekend, this is what I came home to:


What happens is that the light reflecting on a large picture over my desk as the sun rises prompts her to use the lamp as a support to paw the picture.  Since I wasn't there to bark at her, the lamp toppled and brought every desk item in its vicinity down with it.

I lock her out for as much of the sunrise as I can, but she starts meowing and banging the doorknob.  I'm sure you can see why I just love her so much.  Gee, I'm tired.  One remaining option is heavier curtains or shades but (1) who knows if that'll work, (2)  I don't like them, and (3) I can't afford to redecorate or turn over my aesthetic to an eight-pound terrorist-kitten whose vet bills remain a priority.  I'm sure there are other options, like taking all my pictures down or blindfolding her, but they seem extreme.  Maybe they won't in another year or two.

Do you blame Timmy?  At this moment, I envy him.

No comments: