Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Saturday, January 5, 2013

One Love Needs Help

We miss Timmy.  For me, that's been two-plus months of missing his big, funny self at my feet, in my lap, on the bathmat, at the door, by my side as I slept.  For Glenwood, it's been two-plus months of looking for him, then adhering herself to me (Gluewood), then venturing into his special spots, and now wanting me to be her everything.  It's a lot of pressure, made worse by me not being nocturnal or good at banking off the couch to chase a toy.

Glenwood needs a pal.  Last weekend, an infection in her good ear brought us to One Love, which brought us our answer.  These wonderful people took in 45 cats from a hoarder in Coney Island during Hurricane Sandy, even emptying their offices out to add cages.  The cats needed care and weren't adoption-ready, but Dr. Ryan let me peek in the room.  I told her to sign us up.

I met everyone today at our follow-up appointment and, among all the beautiful kitties, found ours.  She is an older kitten with the beautiful deep-gray coat of a Russian Blue and double feet.  It was hard to have to choose, but in the end I didn't have to; she did.  Her One Love name is Samoa, but she is really Grace.  I will post a photo as soon as I have one, and will go get her as soon as she gets the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.

If you or anyone you know is in need of a good cat, One Love needs good people to adopt.  Please spread the word and help if you can.  Their phone is 718.532.7410 and they are located at 317 Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn (Boerum Hill).  Thanks.

No comments: