Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Friday, January 18, 2013

The Gs Go Paw to Paw

Glenwood Paw to Paw with Grace
Five things I've noticed:

  1. When Glenwood surprises me, my first reaction is that she got out of the bathroom.  It's an odd experience of past and present.
  2. Until Grace arrived, Glenwood still looked like a kitten to me.  Now I see she is a cat, albeit a tiny one (aspiring to seven pounds).
  3. I believe Grace is missing a rear toe.  There's a missing bit of fur where it was or should be.  The two extras in the front make the entire arrangement even odder.
  4. I gave Grace the orange bouncy ball, which was Dr. Ryan's gift to Glenwood on our first visit.  And, as with Glenwood, it is typically in the food or water bowl when I come in.
  5. I gave Grace access to the hall yesterday, with a screen between her and Glenwood.  This too brought the past forward, as it echoed the meeting of Glenwood and Timmy.  The Gs visited, but Grace was quick to return to the bathroom.
By the way, I have an entirely new bathroom since it was Glenwood's home. It's a little harder to have a kitten living in there than it was in the prewar version, but that's what Method is for.  I should buy stock.

No comments: