Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Return to Purr

This morning was like old times. Glenwood was settled behind the toilet next to the heat pipe when I came into the bathroom; the heat came on just this morning. She's no fool.

I put her in my lap and got her to full purr; I pet her, put goo in her ear, scritched her ear to coax the goo down, gave her her nutritional supplement, combed her, gave her her Clavamox, cooed at her. I saw no fleas. She ate a ton, pooped and peed up a storm, and is back by the heat pipe, now with a little cloth lest she have to lie on the hard tile.

And me? I feel like I can go take a walk in the park and get some groceries without excess worry. Oh, and drop off a poop sample at the vet. She's never far from my mind, but my mind is sure relieved, for now. And Timmy? He keeps watch at the bathroom door.

No comments: