Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Glenwood Needs a Birthday


By Dr. Ryan's best estimates and Glenwood's teeth at the time, she was about four months old when I found her October 1.  That means her birthday is in June.  While June 1 is the obvious choice, maybe June 21 would be nice for her ....  Not sure, but if anyone wants to weigh in, please do ...


Glenwood seems healthy.  The raspy breathing is all but gone, unless she's snoring.  She does make the horrible noises old men make when they're choking, however.  It's startling to hear from this little body, and seems to be related to eating.  I wonder whether some food goes down the wrong pipe (my mother's technical language) and she's trying to exhale it.  She clearly does not like to throw up, unlike most cats, and I attribute that to her delicate feminine nature.

At almost a year old, Glenwood is the sweetest, funniest, softest, most personable kitten.  She's usually passed out between my keyboard and monitor, blocking access to certain keys.  That's between bouts of chasing the cursor, which has my screen covered with pawprints.  Never a dull moment.

No comments: