Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Friday, July 6, 2012

Timmy

Here we are, Timmy at my feet and Glenwood in the chair, and I have sad news.



Timmy has cancer and is in decline.  It began with weight loss a few months back, which has continued, but the blood work and x-rays kept coming back clear.  We ran different antibiotics in case the fleas left something behind (did I mention we had fleas? on the sixth floor of a Brooklyn apartment?), but his weight kept dropping.  We hoped it was his thyroid or even diabetes, since they are treatable, but no. He started pulling his fur out about a week ago.

Timmy is not in distress.  He eats like a champ, purrs, and is generally as-usual, but very thin and balding.  (The photo is flattering.)  He also has a bit of a rasp in his breathing.  I spoke with Dr. Ryan a little while ago, and we have an appointment at One Love tomorrow afternoon.  It seems things are starting to change more rapidly and I don't want him to suffer for a nanosecond.  I do not know what the outcome of the visit will be but am staying home and giving Big Timmy lots of affection and wet food until we go.

Glenwood just came over to Timmy for a bath, and he's obliging.  I wonder what she knows.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz, I'm so sad for you. I know that Timmy will tell you what to do. I hope the visit to One Love goes well whatever that turns put to be. You are all in my prayers.
Marty