Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Monday, July 16, 2012

When Is Dinner?

Timmy Holding the Remote
As you could probably tell from my initial post about Timmy's illness, I thought the end was imminent.  I was wrong, thankfully, though I don't know how wrong.  Also, I don't want this blog to become a morbid accounting of Big Timmy's decline.  So I will post updates as I have them, since so many of you ask (thank you!), and share Timmy as the loving, hilarious (albeit thin and balding) beast he continues to be.

It is pretty definitive that Timmy has a cancerous mass in his throat.  There will be no biopsy, as it would be an awful procedure for him.  My last message from Dr. Ryan mentioned acupuncture and Chinese herbs to slow the growth of the cancer; she referred me to the One Love vet who practices Eastern medicine on Western pets.  I will get more information.  Based on how he treats my meditation area, he has no respect.

In the meantime, Timmy continues to eat an incredible amount.  He has a bit of trouble with dry food (though wetting it helps), so it's wet food all the way.  Here's the stash of kitty tuna I lugged home from TJs today.  I hope it lasts the week.  I must go now because he's jumped on the desk demanding more.

Glenwood and Timmy Taking Inventory

Timmy Double-Checking

No comments: