Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh Happy Days

I feel like the luckiest cat person in the world. Emily, from whom I adopted Timmy and Riley in 2005, wrote me that she hoped Timmy would take Glenwood under his wing as Riley took him under hers.


And so it is: Timmy and Glenwood are total buddies. They rub against each other; Timmy grooms her; they wrestle. Glenwood has enormous energy and a huge personality. When she takes an apartment-long run at him and leaps, he either lets her land and deals with the consequences or raises a closed paw and thwarts her. There's the occasional yelp or mini-hiss, but it's only from the game getting a little rough. He's four times her size, after all - a giant ten-year-old dealing with a rambunctious toddler who spent nine weeks in a bathroom. I keep rubbing him and telling him he's a champ. I think he knows.


So here's a short story in five photos. It starts with Timmy and a Whole Foods bag.

No comments: