Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Glenwood Eats on Her Own


The forced feeding was tough. Glenwood wasn't interested and it was slow going. Thankfully, it didn't last long ...

Sunday, Sherri and I were with her; I spend a lot of time in the bathroom now, even socializing. She was climbing up Sherri's jeans to get to her lap and just enjoying our attention, when she walked to her bowl and started eating. And eating. And eating. Sherri and I shushed each other and I almost cried. She hasn't stopped eating since. It's rather amazing what her little body can take in (and excrete).
She's a champ about her meds - an oral antibiotic, ear goo, eye goo, a nutritional supplement, an immune system booster, the vaporizer, and lip balm (yup). Twice a day. She purrs, loves to be held, petted, and combed, and asks to come into my lap. She is willful and sweet, and I'm very hopeful. She's starting to bathe, too, which is a relief.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Such a sweet story. Sometimes I think there is a little bit of fate in all that we experience...Glenwood and you are meant for each other. Wonderful thing you are doing Liz.