Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life in the Bathroom

Alas, Glenwood has ringworm. Today added another regimen that'll last a month or longer, all destined to keep her (and me) (and her fungi) in the bathroom. Her part is easy: a wipe and lotion twice a day (plus the ear and oral antibiotics and vitamins). Mine means giving her the wipe and lotion (and antibiotics and vitamins), bleaching the bathroom every couple of days, doing more laundry than I was ever destined for, washing my hands raw, and building my relationship with this loving little kitten when it seems every time I come at her it's with a loaded syringe.

I just left her, having purposefully gone in with no agenda but to pet and comb her, and chat. She loves it!!! She rolls onto her back, purrs, and bats the comb with her paws. She is starting to play in earnest now, with me and without me. I love it.

And she's clearly confident enough in her endless food supply to disdain the Trader Joe's Tuna for Cats this morning. When she was 1.2 pounds it was fine, and now it's not good enough for Little Miss Glenwood. Meanwhile, it's all Timmy will eat, so they have separate menus. Here's Timmy channeling Riley, who is in my thoughts every day.


No comments: