Copyright 2009-2013 Liz Sweibel

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Glenwood's Inner Kitten

Glenwood is starting to look and act like the 15-week-old she is. She'll be weighed Saturday. The three weeks of care are paying off: her inner kitten is out. Now bathroom chores are made more exciting by her wrapping herself around my ankles, bouncing her toys underfoot, batting at my feet, tumbling out of her bed, and rearranging her dishware. She is quite taken with the reflections on the tiles and the scoop I use to clean her box.

She's also starting to realize there's life outside the bathroom, which I'm trying to squelch. We have weeks to go, and they'll be hellish if she's as intent on getting out as Timmy is on seeing in. She got a glimpse of him and hissed. She's started to meow for me (tiny and plaintive!) and made small moves to escape. I slither in and out as thinly and quietly as I can. Timmy senses her growing awareness; he seems purely curious.

Health-wise, her left eye isn't fully healed; her ear looks clean; both antibiotics continue. She's OK with her ringworm wipes and lotion (though looks Phyllis Diller-ish by the time I finish); I didn't realize how many lesions she has, but most look a little better. The bathroom regimen of bleach every other day means it's cleaner for her than I ever kept it for myself.

No comments: